Diacritics are those special characters that are used in our language and often in names that have additional lines, marks or dots above or under them.
They are difficult to find on a normal english keyboard.
We thought that we would make it easy for you to find and use them.
When you need to use a special character
- Click in the field where you wish the character to be used.
- Click the ‘Diacritic Characters’ button
- Click on the character that you wish to use.
- If you need upper case characters – click the ‘Uppercase’ button
- FreeDAM will insert that character into the field at the cursors location and close the pop up box.
BDM only allow the diacritics displayed in the pop up box.
These are the only ones that we are able to use when registering a death.