Login to FreeDAM.
There will now be an additional Xero menu item next to the FreeDAM Menu.
- Choose ‘Connect to Xero’
FreeDAM will display the following screen.
You can see that FreeDAM will tell you the last time that FreeDAM connected with Xero and who the user was that was authorised.
- Click the ‘Authorise Access to Xero’ Button
FreeDAM will then open a web browser to the Xero login page for you to login to Xero.
- Login to Xero
Once logged into Xero (in your browser), Xero will ask you to Authorise FreeDAM to access your Xero organisation. If you have several you are able to select the right one.
- Click ‘Authorise’
An Authorisation Code will be displayed in Xero for you to enter into FreeDAM.
- Switch back to FreeDAM
A FreeDAM window is open asking you to enter the authorisation code.
- Enter the code provided by Xero into FreeDAM.
- Click the ‘Connect to Xero’ button.
FreeDAM will now work with Xero for thirty (30) minutes before requiring to be authorised again.
FreeDAM will now display
- The time you authorised with Xero
- The FreeDAM user that authorised
- The time that the authorisation will expire
- The name of the Xero company FreeDAM is authorised to
Note that you are able to revoke an authorisation.
Also of note is that in this example before we can upload invoices to Xero we must tell FreeDAM what Xero sales accounts to upload the invoices to.