For the biggest and the busiest funeral home operations with dozens of moving parts, streamlining teams and keeping everyone fully aligned is a make or break challenge. FreeDAM Actionboard solves wins that challenge by keeping everyone updated on the same page, anywhere, all the time.
Your whole business . . . at a glance
FreeDAM Actionboard is like an international airport arrivals and departures board embedded into your business. It integrates fully with the FreeDAM database to receive and display any piece of information on any funeral arrangement in your database . . . all the time. FreeDAM actionboard displays complex, real-time data, live-streamed and readable at a glance.
Smarter than a smart-board
The Actionboard interface continually updates its data in real-time, feeding displays on any number of monitors in the office so everyone can track their own work as well as everyone else’s. FreeDAM Actionboard is like a multi-owner, multi-access diary for the whole business.
A crystal ball into the present
FreeDAM Actionboard is viewable on any device using a Chrome browser. Multi-location viewability lets everyone in the business, get the same data-flow, at the same time, updating with colour-coded status keys to keep everyone on pace. Actionboards give crystal clear vision into what’s going on and what’s coming up.
Action Board Requirements
Software requirements for FreeDAM Actionboard
Installation is quick, painless and completed remotely. We install some very small software and a few files on the computer that hosts your FreeDAM database. This software listens for action board requests and inserts data from Actionboard into your FreeDAM database. The installation requires a very low level of data resource and will generally run on any computer. We install Apache, PHP and Python.
Hardware requirements for FreeDAM Actionboard
FreeDAM Actionboards will display on any device that will run Google’s Chrome browser. Actionboards are built to work most effectively in Chrome and will run on:
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Chrome note books
- Android tablets
- NUC computers (attached to large-screen, wall-mounted TV)
Will Actionboard run on the browsers that come with smart tv’s?
Possibly. But we cannot guarantee that they will display or behave correctly. TV Browsers often have limited functionality and are not often updated. Chrome however is purposely designed for a product like Actionboard and will give top results.
Will Actionboard run on my phone?
FreeDAM Actionboards will run on your phone but currently, only when connected to your business premises’ local wifi network. We built in this limited access to secure the sensitive types of information visible across Actionboard. We are currently developing the software to expand connectivity and to improve Actionboards display on smartphones.
What can it do?
FreeDAM Actionboards – Discrete Data.
With FreeDAM Actionboards you display the data you want, in the way you want it displayed.
- You set data visibility protocols Only show details for relevant funerals. Maybe you only want to display today’s funerals only to keep the team of focused. Or, maybe you prefer to display any funerals in the coming days or weeks to facilitate longer range planning.
- Synchronised, live-feed updates Live – feed automatically updates your view. As soon as new funerals meeting your visibility protocols are entered into FreeDAM they automatically display on Actionboard. Completed funerals stay in the system but fall off the board. All boards use the same data, so when you change one, you change them all.
- Know what’s next . . . and where! FreeDAM Actionboard displays funerals in the order they occur to keep you knowing what’s coming next. No guessing, no more surprises. FreeDAM will also tell you which office each funeral is associated with.
- One screen, many uses FreeDAM Actionboard allows you to create and switch seamlessly between multiple action boards for multiple uses – funerals, mortuary, trim room, graphic design team, caterers and many more
- Bridge physical locations. Staff at any satellite branch can change data on an action board that will be displayed at head office.
- Flexibility Data entry error? No problem. Changing data displayed in the Actionboards will save those changes back to the FreeDAM Database.
- Alert FreeDAM Actionboard uses colour-coded cells to indicate the status of task or jobs in the workflow AND to make them readable on the run.
- Choose your layout Choose the number of columns, set column width, and select which data sets to display in which columns. Lock columns to the right or left of the page, allowing central columns to horizontally scroll, revealing different pieces of information.
How do they work?
How are Actionboards Used?
FreeDAM Actionboards are literally becoming part of the furniture in the busiest, best run funeral home businesses.
- Head office Most funeral home businesses regardless of size will display Actionboards on large screen televisions or monitors in the main office to keep staff instantly updated with the status of each funeral.
- Mortuary Actionboards assist mortuaries track and publish workflow progress by indicating and see the status of jobs via colour-coded updates. Many mortuary staff find it crucial to create Actionboards that display clothing items and personal effects of the deceased.
- Trim Room action board would display the same funerals that are coming up but would contain columns for the type of casket to prepare and the details of the nameplate.
- Anywhere in between! FreeDAM Actionboards will display on any device that run Google chrome – tablets, phones, laptops, desktops. Which means . . . from mortuary to trim-room, from head office to home office, you can change the status of any job and save those changes immediately back to the database.
What does FreeDAM Actionboard cost to use?
FreeDAM Actionboards are released free to FreeDAM customers under the terms of our support agreement. If you’re interested, get in touch and we will run the necessary installations on your system.
Can I set up my own colour scheme?
Absolutely. Set up your own colour scheme and apply the same to any action board.
Can I add a column that allows me to enter my own data?
Absolutely. You can create your own data points to display in columns if FreeDAM does not meet your particular needs
Can I set up our own colour indicator key?
Absolutely. Set up as many colour-coded status indicators as you need. The one limitation is that only one key can be used across all your company action boards. This is a critical security and alignment limitation.
So do I have to go out and buy new televisions to hang on the wall?
Not at all! FreeDAM Actionboard functions perfectly inside your chrome browsers on your current computers. Many funeral homes who do display Actionboard on large-screen, wall-mounted televisions do so to replace old style whiteboards with an electronic substitute.
Do I have to use Actionboard?
Not at all! However, our busiest customers tell us that of all the features packed into FreeDAM, the Actionboard is the one feature they cannot do without. Once we give you a demo, we’re sure you’ll feel the same way.
Standard Status Board
Completely customise your board to display the data you require to keep all your team members informed.
Trim Room Board
Walk from the mortuary to the trim room and just change boards on your tablet (or computer) to update the status of the casket you are working on.
Customise your own boards to meet your needs. This one has been set up to indicate the status of the multimedia requirements for funerals.
This board has been set up for the catering team so that it only shows the catering events.
Changing the FreeDAM data from a Board
Data can be edited right on the board – The data is saved to the FreeDAM database.